Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Loderunning


About a year back I was surfing the web being bored when all of a sudden I remembered a game I used to play at a friends house. I spent awhile looking it up and I finally found it: Loderunner Online :The Mad Monks Revenge. It's a great game. Why you ask? WELL I'LL TELL YOU WHY!


Ok, you're a treasure hunter in a white jumpsuit out in the middle of a jungle. The objective is simple: Get all the gold and get through the portal that appears. Pretty easy right? WRONG! There's a whole shitload of cannibal monks out to eat your ass! Don't believe me? Watch this.





Yeah, the video is blurry but the white smudge is me, the red one was the Monk. As a kid I was scared as hell of those Monks. I would run away from those guys as fast I could. Even if it meant missing some gold. But hey you aren't totally defenseless you do have a ground blaster.





If you get a monk in the hole he can climb out, you can't. But if you stand on its head it'll crush him. Pretty simple, man I make this sound like an autistic chimpanzee could play this game. Here's an example of how to not use the ground blaster.





You can't see it very well but the monk eating animation is pretty crazy. Check it out if you bother playing the game. In the event you get stuck in you're own hole or you don't want to get eaten you can use the suicide button. It looks pretty funny, because you're guy falls down and squirms on the ground. But hey, it's better than being eaten! Right?




Well it may not be as interesting to you, but when I was in grade school this was the coolest shit since G.I. Joes. Anyways, you can get the game here Loderunner.

If this article bores you, I don't give a damn. I just couldn't think of anything to write about.

--Spencer


2 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Damn, this blog just keeps getting better and better. That game reminds me of Pitfall, only not as crappy.

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVED PITFALL!!! It was the best stuff ever! Dang...wish I could still play it...I have no idea where it is...

-Tres Tired

 

Post a Comment

<< Home